Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Kiss of Deception Review

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Released: July 8, 2014
Series: The Remnant Chronicles
Publisher: Henry Holt & Co.
Pages: 496
Stars: 5/5

Hey guys, I just finished reading The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson  which is the first book in The Remnant Chronicles and I absolutely LOVED this book! I don't think I can actually express how much I loved this book..

A princess must find her place in a reborn world. 
She flees on her wedding day.
She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection. 
She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.
She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan. 

The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance. 

Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive - and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other is an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets - secrets that may unravel her world - even as she feels herself falling in love. 

The one thing that totally blew my mind and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time was that every so often, there would be chapters in the point of view of "the prince" and "the assassin" and it constantly kept you guessing which one was which. I thought I knew, and I was totally wrong.

Lia goes through a heart-pounding journey of love, courage, loss and deception. She flees the kingdom on her wedding day with her best friend Pauline and they try to start a new life in a quiet village.

When Kaden and Rafe show up, Lia finds herself entwined with both of them in more ways than she knows.

Overall I thought this book was phenomenal. I could barely put it down. The characters and the storyline are both very beautiful and mesmerizing. I would definitely read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment